Friday, February 19, 2010

Morning wake up facts.


I wish there was more time in the morning before school. All though, every kid does. We all once in our lives say, “why can’t school start at 2:00 and end at 2:10?” I wish it was true, because I get up way too early for a person like me that gets as much sleep as I do. I maybe get about five hours or less of sleep every night, because I’m either up to my nose in homework or I have practice or chores, or something like that, and I never get to sleep. And then I’m completely dead in the morning while I sit on my floor in front of my mirror straightening my hair. I stare at myself waiting for it to heat up and I wonder, “Why am I up right now? Oh yeah, school, that.” Then I sigh and start on my half an hour worth hair, randomly grab something to wear and hope it matches while I pull it on walking down the hallway to go down stairs and brush my teeth.

Another big problem; I never have time to eat in the morning. An article from dietblog.com says that, “According to a recent study of 2000 teens, those who skipped breakfast weighed an average of 5 lbs more than those who ate breakfast.” Now I’m not worried about my weight or anything but I find it interesting, that kids weigh less because they eat. I am guilty for not eating and I bet if I got up maybe five minutes earlier I could, but that’s not going to happen. I already get up at six; you’re not catching me any earlier. But listen to these other facts that are on this website, it’ll blow your mind;


-The breakfast eaters, despite being leaner consumed more calories throughout the day
Breakfast eaters were also more active. "While they ate more calories, they did more to burn those off, and that may be because those who ate breakfast did not feel so lethargic." Said Mark Pereira - Author of the study.

-Around 25% of the group studied regularly missed breakfast - this was particularly problematic for adolescent females.

-"They (females) skip breakfast because they worry about weight gain - and it's ironic that the ones who aren't worried and eat in the mornings are the ones who keep their weight down." Pereira


It’s funny that only girls really never eat breakfast. All though it kind of makes sense because we spend so much time on our hair and makeup and clothes but still, we should eat, I would think it’s first thing to do because we complain so much you would think we would but I guess not. Some girls choose not to eat, but me, when I don’t eat-which is pretty much every day-I don’t because I don’t have time and I’m running out the door.

So ladies, think about these facts, and go look at some others ones, and next time in the morning while you’re waiting on your bus or your mom in the kitchen and you see that apple and think, “I won’t finish it in time or I’m not that hungry.” Or something like that, think about those little five pounds that are going to show up during swimming in gym class. ;)

8 comments:

  1. I get up really early too, and I’m wondering if the reason I don’t eat breakfast in the morning is because I have to wake up so early. I think that if I got enough sleep I would be hungry and ready to eat breakfast in the morning...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Boy Heather do I agree with you. there really does need to be more time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good choice of a topic to write about for your blog. I enjoyed reading all of those facts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really think school should start later. In first hour i am very un-attentive and i think its hard to learn when your tired.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hate school starting so early, I always tend to fall asleep in my first two hours, and I can never pay attention. I like the research you put into this.

    ReplyDelete
  6. heather i dont care what any one says i can't eat breakfasst in the morning but when i do im not hungry through out the day.

    ReplyDelete